WindLab is a mini wind turbine (wind power generator) designed for students to learn the Wind Power Technology. The wind turbine converts Kinetic energy in the wind to electrical energy. You can do various experiments with it to understand how wind turbine works to generate electricity.
Students can modify the parameters (blades and vane) of this turbine to see how the output changes at different wind speed conditions. The vane on the turbine aligns the turbine automatically to the direction of wind.
Sheet Blades and Vane are made of Polypropylene sheet. Students can use any suitable sheet materials to make their own blades for evaluation.
The special 3 Phase AC Alternator used in the turbine is similar to the one used in real commercial wind turbine.
Gold Capacitor is installed inside the wind turbine to store the energy harvested from the wind. The LED inside the turbine lights up to indicate that electrical energy is being converted from the wind.
|Sheet Blade: BS-11, BS-21
Energy Storage: Int. Capacitor
Max. no. of Blade Positions: 6
Base Weight: Standard
Blade Pitch: Fixed
– Mini Wind Turbine (wind power generator)
– Kit for learning Wind Power Technology
– Gold Capacitor for storage of generated electricity
– Polypropylene Sheet Blade, BS-11 (3 Pc) included
– Polypropylene Sheet Blade, BS-21 (3 Pc) included
– Blade parameters can be modified by user for evaluation
– Vane aligns the generator automatically to the direction of wind
– Special 3-Phase AC Alternator
Devices to work with
– Light and Music Module, LM-1
– Visual Voltmeter, VM-1, VM-2
– Energy Monitor, EM-1
|Product||385(H) x 320 (W) x 210 (L) mm, 0.4 Kg|
|In Giftbox||305 x 147 x55 mm, 0.62 Kg|
|In Carton||315 x 315 x 290 mm, 7 Kg, 10 Sets / Carton|
|WindLab Schematic Diagram|
|Download WindLab Instruction Sheet|
WindLab and WindCharge turbine Installation and Operation